Chainsoo is a delightful pahari recipe which is made by using kali dal. Pahari people pair this dal with boiled rice which is known as baadi. This dal recipe is exceptionally nutritious and it is extremely useful to keep you strong. Among numerous great qualities, this dal is also high in proteins. With loads of spices which are used as a part of the ingredients, this dal emanates an awesome sharp fragrance of these spices. Treat your family and companions with this healthy and top notch dal.
- Black Gram seeds(Kali Urd) – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup ( preferably mustard oil)
- Cummin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies: 3
- Dry coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – 3 tsp or to taste
- Heeng-1 pich
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Roast urad dal for 3-5 minutes until it becomes aromatic. Grind the roasted seeds to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in the Kadahi and add garlic cloves. When the garlic turns light brown, add Cummin seed or so add the daal powder and fry it for 1-2 minute. Add turmeric powder, dry coriander powder, salt, garam masala, heeng and water. Bring it to boil.
- Cover and Cook till the daal becomes very soft. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with pure ghee and chopped coriander leaves.